Looking for a great way to get involved, meet new people, and earn some money—but don’t have a lot of time to devote? Become an election inspector!
Grosse Ile’s five precincts and two absentee voter counting boards are staffed by precinct inspectors each election from 6:00 a.m. until polls close and election procedures are completed at the end of the night. The more staff we have, the faster and smoother the process goes for everyone.
If you’re interested in getting involved, we’d love to hear from you. Start by checking out the job description, the pay chart and the qualifications below, then complete the Precinct Inspector Application. Note: Michigan law requires that your application be filled out in your own handwriting. When complete, you can either drop off your application at Township Hall or mail it to the Grosse Ile Township Clerk's Office, 9601 Groh Road, Grosse Ile, MI 48138
- Must be a registered voter in Michigan
- Must declare political party affiliation on precinct inspector application
- Must be able to attend training session prior to election day
- Must be able to remain with election chair until all procedures are finished on election night
- Moderate to advanced computer skills are highly desired